The Waygoz rules
Waygoz wants to provide a service that allows you to discover video games, meet gamers and share your love of games and gaming experiences. We respect the ownership of the content that users share and each user is responsible for the content he or she provides. Because of these principles, we do not actively monitor user’s content and will not censor user content, except in some circumstances described below. Furthermore, contact between users may be in the physical world where Waygoz does not and cannot mediate, arbitrate or otherwise govern actions.
General Representation and Conduct on Waygoz
In order to provide the Waygoz service and facilitate in-person exchanges of video games, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with Waygoz and the type of conduct that may occur during in person meets. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make Waygoz a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through Waygoz at any time, whether online or in person
- Non-persons: Accounts may not use business names as their registration name, however business are allowed to represent themselves on Waygoz through designated, authorized person’s name.
- Privacy: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, phone numbers or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
- Violence and Threats: You may not publish, verbalize or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Civil behaviour: You must conduct yourself respectfully in website communications and in any meeting scheduled through Waygoz.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
Spam and Abuse
Waygoz strives to protect its users from false trade offers, spam and abuse. Trade spamming, technical abuse and user abuse is not tolerated on Waygoz.com, and will result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below are subject to permanent suspension.
- Multiple Accounts: You may not create more than one account. Please note that any violation of the Waygoz Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- Multiple false trade offers: You may not spam users with trade offers that you have no intention of honouring.
- Username Squatting: You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than 6 months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- the number of accounts created
- creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
- Pornography: You may not use obscene or pornographic images in either your avatar, profile picture or user background
Your account may be suspended for Terms of Service violations if any of the above is true. Accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be permanently suspended.
Accounts engaging in any of these behaviors may be investigated for abuse. Waygoz reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.